Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 2

I think yoga from yesterday has made me sick. Or maybe it was the pot of fake coffee I had last night. I feel ill, like that hot air that when you exhale through your nose kind of ill.


Today weight is 213. If a pound a day is average, I'm already loving this challenge and I'll be beyond my goal by the end.


I went to Valencia today to visit my dad. For those of you that have never been to Valencia, there is very little in the realm of vegan or vegetarian food.  I knew going in I would end up breaking my challenge, so I accepted my fate and had the exact opposite of what this diet encompasses. I was back on by the time I got back home and I will be back at full speed tomorrow.  I might even call tomorrow "Day 2 Part 2: Revenge of the Previous Day 2 - Electric Boogaloo" - meh, I'll work on it.


I noticed I look at a menus at face value,  I automatically assume there aren't going to be other options that aren't listed. I'm assuming many people do this as well? I could have asked if there were egg substitute, tofu or something even more specific. I would have bought the veggie burrito on the whole wheat tortilla if I had only asked.


I'll pretend that every restaurant has a secret menu like In-N-Out does. This will cover all my bases and I'll learn as I go.


My activity level was low, but I did walk for a bit through the Japanese Garden in Van Nuys.


My personal observations about myself-
  1. When I am telling myself I can't have something, I seem to want it more. Cheese Pizza, cookies and anything with olive oil sound great to me. I'm going to be strong for this. I want to see it work. 
  2. I need... I mean, I NEED to drink more water. I don't know why, but I seem to not be drinking as much water the last few days. I've honestly had maybe 32 ounces in the last 72 hours. For those of you that are reading this, drink a glass of water for me would ya! That in mind, I'll be buying a half gallon bottle to carry around with me tomorrow. No more excuses for the smallest things. Geez.


Breakfast
Spinach Feta Omelet, Potatoes, Whole Wheat Toast
Coffee (1/2 Decaf, black)


Lunch/Snack
Vegan Raisin Spice cookies from Kaldi Coffee in Atwater Village
Coffee (Yes, more coffee)


Drive Home/Snack
Raw Almonds
 
Dinner
Left over cheeseless pizza from last night

No comments:

Post a Comment