Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 14

Today is the half way point of the 28 day challenge.

I feel good, actually, I feel great. I'm not seeing the kind of results I want, but my energy level gets better each day. There's something fun about running experiments on myself. I'll have to look into doing more.

I decided to get a vegan pizza from Z Pizza. Granted it wasn't the one I saw in the menu, but what ever, it had more vegetables that I thought were going to be on it. However, I think I'm broken from even having fake cheese! Oily gross mass of stuff. I can go without. Now it's a texture and a flavor thing. The Daiya brand cheese creates a substance that I can only describe as being "a thick flavored glue" and comes off as being very much not natural.

I suppose the fine line between "Plant-Based" and "Vegans" can be drawn at the food chemistry labs. There's isn't any weird science going on with Plant Based eating from what I've seen so far. I won't call seitan a weird science as it is made up of pretty simple ingredients.

I had a craving for rich flavor and greens which brought me back to Au Lac in Fountain Valley. There I indulged in the BBQ "Pork" rolls and a fake chicken that came with brown rice and broccoli. Very good if you are ever in the area.

Breakfast
Tofu scramble & black bean burrito

Lunch
Z-Pizza personal vegan pizza.

Snack
Celery w/Peanut Butter

Dinner
Au Lac BBQ Pork Roll
rice paper, barbecued soy pork, pickled daikon and carrot, chive, peanut sauce

Roasted Chicken
soy chicken in garlic gravy, broccoli, tomato, with brown rice  



2 comments:

  1. I love daiya - and it's not actually all that "unnatural" They're a huge step forward. You would probably really appreciate the PETA (I know, those people are psychos) "Uncheese Cookbook" I've had my copy since I was 19. There are all kinds of uncheeses that you can make in it that are quite delicious. Actually one of my favorite mac n' cheez recipes is from the uncheese cookbook. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy it often.

    The argument for this challenge as well as the Forks Over Knives challenge is not having much expeller pressed oil at all. Daiya having expeller pressed oil in it, puts it on the no list... That being said, yes, I did know that when I ordered the pizza. I was in the mood for rich foods most of the day.

    Going two weeks without much oil just gives oily foods a very wrong texture.

    ReplyDelete