Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 1

The 28 day challenge has begun. This morning, I am 214 lbs.

Yesterday I ate pretty well, pretty much the same that is written below. I suppose it was more of a way to prime my system to the influx of plant based foods. However I did wrap up the day with coffee and cookies.  I also watched the documentary Forks of Knives to get my motivation for this task going.

My biggest craving waking up this morning was coffee.  After a good bowl of cereal, I spent an hour at 24 Hour Fitness for a yoga class. This was the 2nd time I have ever done yoga that was not recorded by the Nintendo Wii. The Wii is no comparison to the real activity and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to have their ass kicked and feel good about it. 

The lethargy hit around around 2 and I needed at least a sip of coffee. I did tone down the large coffee to medium and I will keep up with the medium coffee for the next few days and then lower that to a small. Take baby steps right?

My sister gave me a bag of fake coffee called Teecino. It tastes like carob and earth... not just dirt, but earth, the whole thing, roots and all. After drinking 4 cups of it this evening, I can see how it would curb that coffee craving. I doubt it will be effect in the morning.

Day 2 Tomorrow.

Ryan



My meals will also be listed on E2 Inspired Recipes

Breakfast
  • Natures Path Hertiage Whole Grain Corn Flakes
  • Uncle Sam Original Flakes
  • Ground Flax Seed
  • Uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
  • Banana 
Lunch
  •  Broiled tofu tacos
Snack
  • Ezekiel pita bread
  • Oil free, tahini free humus
Dinner
  • Cheeseless Pizza
  • Spring Mix Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment