Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 28

Done.


Currently 214
And the weight in is 203.5!!

I was hoping for 200 even, but I'll do that on my own time. This is 13 pounds lost in under a month.

What have I learned from this experience?
  •  We (Americans) use way too much oil in cooking.  Look at the ingredients of anything near you. I was shocked how much oil there is in everything.  Why does there have to be additional oils in peanut butter? To make it spread better, that's why.  The convenience of the food has made it more unhealthy for us.  I can guarantee that the majority of the weight lost was due to the lack of oil.
  • Vegan / Vegetarian alternatives are just as unhealthy as their counterparts (if not worse). Again with the addition of oils and other refined crap, you might as well just eat the real thing. Fake cheeses, spread and dressings are still oil based.
  • Processed wheat products has the consistency of marshmallows.
  • It is possible to create unique meals using only plant-based items. Maybe not for me since I kept making too much and having left overs, but for you it will work out.
Will I continue eating this way? I think I'll keep it going and explore more options of what I can add to my menu.  I don't know. I'll probably keep the plant-based for myself and be less picky when I'm out with friends. I want to say that I'll go plant-based and be done with it, but my last meal wasn't what I had hoped for. My palate has been cleansed and I can really taste the variety of what whole foods has to offer and I find that cool as well as depressing. For example, I was watching Chopped on FoodTV and one of the judged kept complaining about about the lack of salt. It was the same judge on almost every item that kept complaining about not enough salt. I don't think I would trust this guy as a cook, judge or food critic as his palate has been compromised. Salt is seasoning, yes, cooks out there, I am aware of that. Are you aware that food naturally has flavor? If we weren't so...

This blog wasn't meant to be a platform for anything, so forgive the rant. Everyone has their own opinions and lately it seems that food can join the category of "Things you don't discuss in public" with religion and politics.

It has been a fun 28 days and if anyone has been inspired by this challenge or others, post a reply.

Again, sorry for getting sick. My meal plan would have been more exciting and lengthy had I not been asleep most of the week.

Breakfast
Simple Cereal w/ Banana and blueberries
Vegan Pumpkin Muffin

Late Lunch
1 cup Soo-Foo grain mix
Avocado and Broccoli sprout sandwich
Spring Mix with Salsa


The End.

3 comments:

  1. Go RYAN!! That's wonderful, congratulations! 13 lbs in under a month is impressive =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rummy 3 Slot | Rummy 3 Slot Review | MrCD
    With the Rummy 3 포항 출장마사지 slot, 과천 출장안마 you can experience an immersive online adventure with the power to win big. 울산광역 출장샵 You can also use the Rummy Bonus 군포 출장안마 feature in  Rating: 3.3 · ‎4 수원 출장샵 reviews

    ReplyDelete