Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Where are we now?

It has been almost a year since I did the 28 day challenge and I am here to tell you that keeping up with it takes more willpower than I was willing to give. I ended up gaining 20 pounds in the course of the year and eating more and more crap foods.

Where did I fail?

Oils, dairy and processed vegan food products. After the challenge I remember running out to Del Taco and getting a bean and cheese burrito with sour cream. Cheese pizza after that. The rest is 20 pounds of history.

Why did I fail?

I failed because, like most of us, I am a creature of habit. I like fried eggs with my fried potatoes "smothered and covered" in vegetarian respects being cheese and salsa... not the cheese and gravy made popular by the Waffle House. I failed because as much as I enjoyed my plant based pizza, the craving for greasy, goopy cheese pizza won out. 

That being said. I will restart the 28 day challenge after Easter Sunday and post more about my experiences during the process.

Stay tuned.


4 comments:

  1. Perhaps make the challenge a longer period of time? Triple the days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple the challenge?!... My brain doesn't know how to process that concept.

    Okay. How does this sound. I do the first 28 days and then announce an extension for another 28 and then we can see about doing another 28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now 2014. Are you going to try this again ? I found your challenge very interesting and honest!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Yes, I am planning on starting this challenge up again tomorrow.

      Last year was a big bump in the road, but I can't afford to make excuses for my own habits.

      Thank for reading, Barbara.

      Delete